Walk: Hood errands
Distance: 2 miles, small yoga
So on her last trip to the San Francisco Main Library Ciwt picked up a list of 100 Most-Loved Books from The Great American Read.
Here's the top 10 with an * if Ciwt has read it. The rest of the list can be found on pbs.org where The Great American Read was a TV series in 2018.
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (* of course)
2. The Outlander (Series) by Diana Gabaldon
3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (*sort of; she started Book One)
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (*assigned in her all-girls boarding school)
5. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell*
7. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White *💛
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (See CIWT Day 8/262)
9. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Looks like younger people are reading lots of books these days. That couldn't make Ciwt happier!!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment